“File access failed during version check” (Error 11018) occurs in Final Fantasy XIV. In order to fix it, follow these:
- Open regedit application (Press Windows + R keys and type “regedit” in the search box)
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer.
- Look for “Shell” and “User Shell” folders.
- Edit “Personal” keys (in both of those folders) and set it to “C:\Users\YOUR PC USERNAME\My Documents\” (or whatever folder you want to set it as your preferred folder).
- Save it and close regedit.
- Launch Final Fantasy XIV.
This should fix “Error 11018” in ffxiv 🙂