Fatal Error: “Could not create primary and back surfaces” occurs in Fallout Tactics. If you get this error, you can apply the following to fix it.
This is the full error message:
C:\dev\phoenix\display\directx7\dd7_display.c99(715):**fatal error **: Could not create primary and back surfaces
Fix 1: Run Fallout Tactics with “-g” command
Follow the steps below to do it:
- Close Steam client (If it’s still running in the background).
- Open Fallout Tactics installation folder by going to System Disk > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Fallout Tactics.
- Look for “BOS.exe” in it and create a shortcut in desktop.
- Right-click on the Fallout Tactics shortcut that you created and choose “Properties“.
- Add “-g” command at the end of shortcut target and press Apply.
- Launch Fallout Tactics.
Note: Do not launch the game directly or via steam, use the shortcut that you created and edited in desktop.
After this, I don’t think you’ll ever get annoying Fatal Error: “Could not create primary and back surfaces” again.