If you’re constantly experiencing a Fatal error access violation detected error in Starbound, don’t worry about it, because in this post I’ll tell you how to resolve this error.
Fix 1: Enable compatibility mode for Starbound
- First, you need to go Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to Starbound installation folder (Mostly “SteamSteamAppscommonStarboundwin32“).
- You’ll see there is a executable file named “starbound.exe“, right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- Switch to compatibility tab.
- There is a checkbox named “Run this this program as an administrator“, check it.
- Enable compatibility mode and select one of the old versions of Windows. Generally Windows 7 works for most people. But if it did not work for you. You can select Windows 8 or earlier versions. Try all of them.
- Do the same processes for “starbound_opengl.exe” and “launcher/launcher.exe“. They are inside the same directory with “starbound.exe“.
That’s all. I believe this will fix your “Fatal error access violation detected” problem in Starbound. You can launch the game to test it.