If you get “SecuLauncher failed to start application 2000″ error in GTA IV, it means that Visual C++ Redistributable packages that are installed on your PC, are incompatible with GTA IV.
Fix 1: Install Compatible C++ Redistributable packages
- Go to “Add/Remove programs list” (If you dont know where it is, just type it in the taskbar search box).
- Remove all Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable items from the list.
- Navigate to “System Disk > Program files > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Grand Theft Auto IV > installers > Redistributable” folder.
- Look for “vcredist_x86.exe“.
- Run this setup file.
- After that, go back to “Add/Remove programs list” again and make sure that it is installed.
- Launch GTA IV.
Note: Do not launch the game directly. It would be better if you launch it via Social club Play.
If it fixed your error, please let me know 🙂