“pak01_001.vpk” error occurs in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive when there are unwanted or corrupted files in “materials” and “models” directory. Don’t worry, you’ll learn how to fix this error in this post!
Fix 1: Delete “materials” and “models” folder
Follow the steps below:
- Open Steam.
- Go to your Steam library > Right-click on CS GO > Properties > Local Files > Browse (It will open the installation folder of CS GO).
- Select “materials” and “models” directory and delete both.
- Now go back to CS: GO Properties window.
- Click on “Verify the integrity of game files” button and wait for it.
- Restart your computer.
- Launch Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
“pak01_001.vpk” error is gone now 🙂