“Error code 51” occurs in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim when it launched non-directly or there is something wrong with game files. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix Error code 51.
Fix 1: Run SkyrimLauncher.exe
- Close Steam.
- Go to Skyrim installation folder (If you didn’t change, default location is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim).
- Look for “SkyrimLauncher.exe“.
- Run it directly.
Fix 2: Verify the integrity of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game files
- Open your Steam library.
- Right-click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and click Properties.
- Go to “Local Files” tab.
- Click “Verify the integrity of game files“.
- Wait for the verification.
- Launch Skyrim.
You can enjoy Skyrim now because there will be no more “Error code 51” 🙂