POSTAL 2 players are getting “Critical error” when they try to launch the game. Although this is a quite an old problem, it has still not been fixed for a long time. Don’t worry, there is a workaround for it. In this post, you’ll learn how to do it.
This is the full error message:
An error has occurred. If this is the first time you’ve received this error, try loading a previous save file. If you continually get the same error, submit a bug report and/or check the Support Forums for assistance.
You get this error because your screen resolution settings are stored incorrectly in “postal.ini” file. So you’ll need to set them manually.
Fix 1: Set POSTAL 2 screen resolution settings manually
Follow these steps below:
- Navigate to POSTAL 2 installation folder (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\POSTAL2Complete\).
- Open “System” folder in it.
- Edit “postal.ini” file with notepad.
- Look for “WinDrv.WindowsClient” line.
- Then change FullscreenViewportX=”Your screen width” and FullscreenViewportY=”Your screen height“.
- Save file and exit.
There you go. This should fix “critical error” in Postal 2. Don’t forget to thank me later 😛