“CD Key already registered” Error occurs in EA Nation of Need for Speed: SHIFT when CD key value is set incorrectly in “Installscript.vdf” file. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix it quickly.
Fix 1: Set your CD Key manually
Follow these steps below:
- Go to your Steam library.
- Right-click on “Need for Speed: SHIFT” and click Properties.
- Go to Local Files and click “Browse Local Files” to open the installation folder.
- Look for “Installscript.vdf” config file and open it with any kind of text editor. For example, I use notepad++.
- Press CTRL + F to open search window, type “%cdkey%” in it and press enter.
- Open Windows registry editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node > Electronic Arts > electronic arts > need for speed shift > ergc.
- You’ll see your original CD key is there. Copy it.
- Replace it with %cdkey% value in “Installscript.vdf” text file.
- Save the file and exit.
- Launch Need for Speed: SHIFT and try to activate your EA Nation again.
There should not be “CD Key already registered” error anymore.