Black Screen (Won’t start/launch) Problem occurs in Mad Max when DirectX is not installed or something is wrong with it. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix it quickly.
Fix 1: Install DirectX manually
Please follow the steps below:
- Close Steam.
- Go to Mad Max installation folder (Default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Mad Max\).
- Open “_CommonRedist” directory.
- There are two folders in it: “DirectX” and “vcredist“.
- First, go to DirectX > June 21 folder and install “DXSETUP.EXE“.
- Second, go to vcredist > 2010 and run “vcredist.64.exe” to install/repair.
- Third, go to vcredist > 2013 and run “vcredist_x64.exe” to install/repair.
- Launch Mad Max and enjoy the game.
You won’t encounter Black Screen – Won’t start/launch Problem in Mad Max anymore 🙂