Fix 1: Disable “ExclusiveFullScreen” key in the registry
In order to do this, follow these steps below;
- Go to Windows registry editor (Press Win + R).
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Crystal Dynamics > Tomb Raider
- Create a new subkey and name it to “Graphics“.
- Double-click on the subkey that you just created.
- Now create a new DWORD and name it to “ExclusiveFullScreen“.
- Set its value to “0” (Means disable).
- Launch Tomb Raider.
Now you can open “Options” and won’t see the “Failed to Initialize Direct3D with current settings” error message again.