“Failed to Initialize Direct3D with current settings” occurs in Tomb Raider when “ExclusiveFullScreen” option is enabled in the registry.
Fix 1: Disable “ExclusiveFullScreen” from registry
Follow these steps below:
- Close Steam.
- Open Windows “run” application.
- Type “regedit” in the box and press enter key.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Crystal Dynamics > Tomb Raider.
- Right-click on it and create a new subkey.
- Name it as “Graphics” and save.
- Now right-click on the new subkey that you just created and create a new “DWORD” key.
- Name it as “ExclusiveFullScreen” and set its value to “0“.
- Restart your PC.
- Launch Tomb Raider.
Now you will be able to play Tomb Raider without Direct3D error. Enjoy 🙂