unreal engine is exiting due to d3d device being lost error occurs in GROUND BRANCH when “TdrDelay” key is missing in the registry. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix it.
Fix 1: Create “TdrDelay” registry key
Follow these steps below to do it quickly;
- Close steam.
- Open Windows “run” application (Press Windows + R keys to open it).
- Type “regedit” in it and press enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Control.
- Look for “GraphicsDrivers”.
- Right-click on it and create a new 32 bit DWORD key.
- Rename it as “TdrDelay” (This is important).
- Modify it and set its value to “10”.
- Close the window.
- Restart your computer.
- Launch GROUND BRANCH.
That’s all. You can enjoy the game without “unreal engine is exiting due to d3d device being lost” error 🙂