If you’ve ever played Total War: MEDIEVAL II, you probably know the “Fatal Graphics Error.” This is well-known error since many TW players recently encountered this, but don’t worry; I’ll tell you how to fix it.
Fix 1: Run Total War: MEDIEVAL II in Windows XP compatibility mode
Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Total War: MEDIEVAL II installation folder (Default is: System Disk > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Medieval II Total War).
- Look for “medieval2.exe” file.
- Right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- Go to “Compatibility” tab.
- Choose “Windows XP” (or you can try Windows Vesta if this does not work).
- Apply settings.
- Launch Total War: MEDIEVAL II.
That’s all. There will be no “Fatal Graphics Error” anymore 🙂