“Failed to create Graphics Device” error occurs in Hearts of Iron IV. The game suddenly closes while playing and you see this error. If you press “OK“, all your saved data will be lost.
That’s quite disappointing for you right? Don’t worry. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix it.
Fix 1: Reinstall Steam and Hearts of Iron IV
- Go to your Control Panel.
- Uninstall Hearts of Iron IV.
- Open Windows explorer.
- Go to “C:\Programs Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hearts of Iron IV” and remove it completely.
- Do the same thing for “C:\Users\YourUserName\My Documents\Paradox Interactive“. (PS: If you do this, your saved games will be lost).
- Uninstall Steam client.
- Remove Steam registry keys manually. (See: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9609-OBMP-2526).
- Restart your PC.
- Install Steam and Hearts of Iron IV again.
Now you can enjoy the game without “Failed to create Graphics Device” error 🙂