In this guide, you’ll learn how to unlock debug & developer mode in Sonic Mania by step by step.
Get into Sonic Mania’s developer menu.
- Locate Sonic Mania in the Game Library.
- Right-click it, and navigate to Manage > Browse local files to go to Sonic Mania installation folder.
- A file called Settings.ini can be found in this folder. Open it with any text editor (If you couldn’t find that file, relaunch Sonic Mania and check again).
- Look for the line that starts with “[Game]“.
- When you find it, go to next line and add “devMenu=y” code.
- Save the file.
- Launch Sonic Mania.
Now you can open Developer Mode by clicking the Escape.
- Go back to Developer menu.
- Select a level by going to Stage Select > Presentation > Level Select.
- Press Q key from the keyboard to enter Sonic Mania debug mode (I assume that you have selected the level).
Developer mode and Debug mode are unlocked now 🙂