Runtime Error is an error that occurs in Sid Meier’s Pirates shortly after launching the game. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix Runtime Error in Sid Meier’s Pirates.
Fix 1: Run Sid Meier’s Pirates in compatibility mode
To run Sid Meier’s Pirates in compatibility mode, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to Steam library.
- Type “Sid Meier’s Pirates” in the search box.
- When it is listed there, right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- Switch to “Local Files” tab and then click “Browse Local Files” button. This will take you to the installation folder of Sid Meier’s Pirates.
- There is an executable file named “Pirates!.exe“. Right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- In Properties window, switch to “Compatibility” tab.
- Enable compatibility mode for “Pirates!.exe” and choose “Windows XP” as operating system.
- Click “Apply” button and close the Properties window.
- Launch Sid Meier’s Pirates.
No more Runtime Error 🙂