KFGame.exe not found error pops up a few seconds after Killing Floor 2 opens and the game shuts down. Even reinstalling the game is not a solution for this.
You have nothing to worry about, in this post, you’ll learn how to fix “KFGame.exe not found” error.
Fix 1: Enable compatibility mode for KFGame.exe
In order to enable compatibility mode for KFGame.exe, you need to follow these steps below:
- Navigate to installation folder of Killing Floor 2 (Mostly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\killingfloor2).
- Inside that folder, there is another folder named “Config“. You need to delete it completely.
- Right-click on “KFGame.exe” (It is in the same folder) and Open Properties window.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Enable compatibility mode.
- For “Operating system“, select Windows XP or Windows 7 (Both are ok).
- Click “Apply” and close that window.