The “physxloader.dll is missing” error, which is seen in Metro 2033, is an error that occurs when the game is launched and annoys many Metro 2033 players who bought this game from Steam.
This is the full message:
PhysXLoader.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program
If you get this message, it means that Nvidia Physx .dll files are missing in your Windows system files. Metro 2033 requires those files to run properly.
Fix 1: Install PhysX manually (For AMD and NVIDIA users)
You need to install Nvidia PhysX manually to get rid of “physxloader.dll is missing” error. It works for both AMD and NVIDIA users. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Close Steam (if it’s still running).
- Go to your Desktop.
- Double-click on “This computer” icon to open it.
- Go to your system disk where Windows is installed (Mostly C:/)
- Navigate to Metro 2033 installation folder (C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamappscommonMetro 2033Install).
- You’ll see PhysX installer is there. Double-click on it to run and wait for the installation to complete.
- Open Steam.
Fix 2: Copy PhysX files to Windows system folder (For NVIDIA users)
This is another fix for Nvidia users only.
- Close Steam.
- Go to your system disk again (Mostly C:/).
- Navigate to “C:Program Files (x86)NVIDIA CorporationPhysXCommon“.
- Copy all .dll files inside this folder (Select all of them and press Ctrl + V keys).
- This time, go to Metro 2033 installation folder (Default: C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamappscommonMetro 2033).
- Paste all copied .dll files in it.
- Launch Steam again.
Now you can enjoy Metro 2033. There will be no more “physxloader.dll is missing” error.