Some players encounter the “msvcp140.dll was not found” error when they try to start Insurgency: Sandstorm via Steam. This is because the game requires pre-requisites to run properly.
If you get this error, it means that pre-requisites is missing in your pc. So you need to install them manually.
Fix 1: Install pre-requisites for Insurgency: Sandstorm
To install pre-requisites for Insurgency: Sandstorm, please follow the steps below carefully:
- Go to Steam Library.
- Type “Insurgency: Sandstorm” in search the box.
- Right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- Click on Local files > Browse Local Files to go installation folder of “Insurgency: Sandstorm“.
- Move to sandstorm > Engine > Extras > Redist > en-us folder.
- Execute “UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe” file to install pre-requisites.
- Restart Steam.