Team Fortress 2 players encounter “Spray: Error creating temporary file” error when they attempt to upload their Spray files. You can fix that by manually importing your Spray image. In this post, I’ll tell you how you can do this.
Fix 1: Import Spray file manually
To import your Team Fortress 2 spray file manually, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- Close Team Fortress 2 (If you’re still in the game).
- Go to your Steam Library.
- Type “Team Fortress 2” in the search box and press enter.
- Right-click on it and select Properties option.
- Switch to “Local Files” tab and click “Browse Local Files” button. When you click on that button, Team Fortress 2 installation folder will be opened.
- Copy your spray file in that directory.
- Restart Steam client.
Now you can Launch Team Fortress 2 via Steam.
When you enter the game, you will see that your Spray file has been imported and you’ll no longer see “Error creating temporary file” message.