If you encounter access violation error in SpellForce 2, you’re in the right place! There is a quick fix for it.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
Fix 1: Set SpellForce 2 screen size manually
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to your Documents folder, and then go to SpellForce directory.
- You will see that there is a file called “config.txt” or something like that.
- Search for screen resolution line inside that file and make it “480x640” (You can change it later).
- Launch SpellForce 2 via Steam.
If this one did not fix Access violation error for you, go to next.
Fix 2: Run SpellForce 2 in compatibility mode
- Go to your Steam library.
- Type “SpellForce 2” in the search area.
- Right-click on SpellForce 2 and click on “Properties“.
- Go to “Local Files” tab and then click “Browse Local Files” button.
- Find “SpellForce2.exe“, right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- Switch to “Compatibility” tab (It is at the top of that window).
- Choose “Windows XP” operating system.
- Click “Apply” button.
- Close Properties window.
- Restart Steam client.
Now you can Launch SpellForce 2. You will no longer see the Access violation error.