Initialization Error is an error which occurs in Dead by Daylight and many people complaining about it. You have nothing to worry about because there is already a quick fix for it.
Follow these steps and make sure you do not miss anything.
Fix 1: Delete Dead by Daylight cache files
- Launch Steam client.
- Type “Dead by Daylight” in the search box and start the game.
- Go back to Desktop and let game run in the background (You should not close the game. Use alt+tab combination).
- Go to your Steam library and right-click on Dead by Daylight. Then click Properties.
- Switch to “Updates” tab in the top navigation bar and make sure “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Dead by Daylight” option is disabled.
- Now you must close the game.
- Open Windows explorer and go to C:Program Files (x86)Steamuserdata(YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT ID) (Make sure you changed <YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT ID>)
- Inside this folder, there are one file (remotecache) and folder (remote). Delete both of them.
- Go back to “Updates” tab again and enable “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Dead by Daylight“, which you disabled before.
- Restart Steam client and Launch Dead by Daylight again.
Say “SAYANORA” to Initialization Error in Dead by Daylight 🙂