Exception Detected Error is an error that Dungeon Siege players often encounter.
Fixing this error is quite easy. Just follow the steps below.
Fix 1: Enable Compatibility Mode for Dungeon Siege
- Close Steam and Dungeon Siege if they’re already running.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Go to Dungeon Siege installation folder (Default location: C:Program Files(x86)SteamSteamAppscommonDungeon Siege 1)
- There must be a file named “DungeonSiege.exe“. Right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- Switch to Compatibility tab.
- Choose Windows 7 or Windows XP among the operating systems (You can try both if one of them does not work), then press apply.
Exception Detected error is gone now. You can launch Dungeon Siege via Steam to see the changes.