Could not load config is an error that occurs in MudRunner when trying to start the game. A lot of MudRunner players have informed me that they are having this problem.
If you have encountered this error, follow the steps below carefully to fix it.
Fix 1: Replace Config.xml and ShaderCache.sdc files
- Go to your Steam Library.
- Type “MudRunner” in the search box.
- Right-click on it and go to its Properties.
- Switch to “Local Files” tab.
- There is a button named “Browse local files” (at the bottom). Click on it to open MudRunner installation folder.
- Inside that folder, select “Config.xml” and “ShaderCache.sdc” files and press ctrl+c to copy them.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to AppData folder (It is hidden by default. Type %appdata% into the Windows search box to open it).
- Then go to Roaming > SpinTires MudRunner.
- Press ctrl+v to paste copied “Config.xml” and “ShaderCache.sdc” files in it.
- Restart Steam client.
- Launch MudRunner again.
That’s all. Now you will no longer have Could not load config error in MudRunner.